Confession time. I’m one of those stereotypical moms with an irrational Target obsession. I wish that I could be a little more original, but it’s sadly not the case. I’m a walking cliche. I almost find it hard to believe that there was a time, before I moved to the US that I’d never even heard of Target.
As anyone that shares my affliction will know, the Target run can prove to be a blessing and a curse. You go in with five things on your list, and come out wielding the signature red cart, overflowing with goodies (half of which you most definitely don’t need). Sometimes when I’m shopping in Target I feel as though I’ve entered into an alternate reality, from which I emerge several hours later, somewhat dazed and confused.
And more recently, Target’s put even more temptation in my way with their new clothing line, A New Day. As if we needed another excuse.
My first impressions of the brand are pretty good. A.N.D includes a great mix of on-trend pieces and closet staples (and to me at least, the quality seems to be significantly better than their previous brands).
I must say that I love being able to try some of the current trends without having to invest a small fortune. Also can’t beat the convenience of picking up a cute little top along with your breakfast cereal and loo roll 🙂
You can find the adorable kimono that I’m wearing here. It’s a bit of a departure from my usual style, but I just couldn’t resist! And below I’ve rounded up some other items that have caught my eye on some recent Target runs.
My Top Picks from Target’s New Clothing Line (A New Day)
1. The ruffles on this gorgeous sweater are so sweet, and in person the fabric is super soft
2. The little gold studs add just the right amount of interest to these classic pointed toe flats
3. I’m loving the trend for statement sleeves right now, and this bell sleeve top is spot on
4. This stylish shirt dress is so versatile – could easily be dressed up for work or dressed down for running errands at the weekend
5. This cozy hoodie is perfect for lounging about at home or doing the school run. I’d pair it with jeans and classic white sneaks
6. I love the color of these stylish pants, and the bow detail is so cute!
7. I adore the clean design of this handbag, and also that it comes in a perfect color for fall!
8. A perfect layering item – I already snapped up this comfy T-shirt in few different colors
9. This poncho looks so cozy and inviting… and this soft grey color will go with just about anything in your closet!
10. Definitely a fall closet staple, this tunic would look fab half tucked into jeans, or of course over leggings
What do you think about Target’s new brand? Love it or loathe it? Let me know in the comments!