This post contains affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy for more information.
Well it seems as though the recent unwelcome cold snap is now behind us, and it’s back to business as usual here in Atlanta.
I do love Springtime.
As I’m writing this, the first of our tulips are beginning to bloom. Our yard is filled with gorgeous dogwood blossoms. And perhaps best of all, temperatures are beginning to creep up and it won’t be long before I can sit out on the patio and enjoy a nice glass of wine 🙂
This time of year always gets me in the mood for a good clean-out, refresh and general tidy-up. While I’m trying to embrace many of the concepts associated with a more minimalist lifestyle (you can read about that here) there are still a few things on my wishlist.
My closet in particular could do with an update. I spent a large part of last year schlepping around in maternity clothes so I feel as though I can treat myself this year!
Here’s a round up of the items I’ve currently got my eye on. Let me know what you’re craving this season!
Spring 2017 Wishlist
1. I feel as though a nice trench coat is one of those wardrobe staples that every girl should have. Except that I don’t! It’s probably going to take me a long, long time to save up for my dream Burberry coat, so in the meantime, this version from J Crew will do very nicely!
2. It’s often said that accessories can make an outfit, and a statement pair of sunglasses like these are sure to add a welcome pop of color to my spring wardrobe.
3. I have a bit of an obsession with stripes right now and I especially love this peplum style.
4. I love a nice lightweight scarf and this one combines two of my favorite trends for the season – stripes and florals.
5. Right now I’d love a new bag in a seasonally appropriate shade, so what could be better than this one, which comes in my favorite color – blue!
6. Looking after a newborn and toddler, doesn’t exactly leave much time for “self-care” but I’m determined to squeeze in a pedicure sometime soon. This peachy shade of nail polish by Essie is just perfect for Spring.
7. We’re planning a trip to London in a couple of months and my luggage is really looking a little worse for wear. With two young kids in tow, we’re bound to show up at the airport looking somewhat bedraggled, but at least I’ll feel a bit more pulled together with a chic suitcase like this one.
8. Even when I’m running around after the kids, I still want to look cute, so a comfy yet chic romper like this one is a perfect compromise. I just love the scalloped trim!
9. When it comes to jewelry, I’m fairly minimalist and tend to stick with the classics. However, I do love the current trend for tassel earrings like these. Target’s new Sugarfix by BaubleBar range has a fab selection of fun, colorful and inexpensive pieces, which might help to get me out of my comfort zone!
10. I’ve been after a cute pair of rain boots like these for ages. Not only will I be better prepared for any sudden April showers, but I’ll finally be able to say “yes” when my 3 year old asks me to jump in muddy puddles with her! And I love this British brand too.